I have an intense affinity for the customer journey and the brand narrative. Because I’m fluent in data and can translate it into creative storytelling, I’ve transformed low-performing campaigns into lauded success stories of high conversions. Beyond the traditional copywriter role, I transcend into content strategist, art director and mentor.
ZILLOW, Seattle, WA
Consumer Copywriting Manager
July 2016 – Present
ORACLE MARKETING CLOUD / RESPONSYS, Seattle, WA
April 2012 – June 2016
Content strategy, email, social media, web and mobile push for REI, Amazon, Verizon Wireless, Hawaiian Airlines, Comcast, Realtor.com and Yahoo.
- Provides measured insights to clients through evaluation of creative work and presents strategic and results-driven solutions.
- Serves as a strategy partner with clients by developing and evaluating content, and generating campaigns surrounding that content.
- Holds director-level responsibilities by giving art and copy direction on ad campaigns to a team of writers and designers.
- Worked with stakeholders to create award-winning campaigns that surpassed clients’ business goals.
SUR LA TABLE, Seattle, WA
June 2008 – April 2012
Web, email, social media, packaging, print, branding and special events for culinary industry.
- Motivated a 27% open rate and 5% click-through rate of promotional emails through targeted messaging and introduction of snippet text.
- Drove traffic in stores and influenced sales by writing pointed copy for in-store displays, point of purchase and store window advertising.
- Works with buyers and department managers to develop thoughtful copy that is messaged in the most appropriate way for the products.
MACY’S, Seattle, WA
Copywriter—Mixed Media & Center Core
November 2006 – May 2008
Print, web, email, radio, packaging.and special events for fashion and beauty industries.
- Developed the Macy’s brand while writing ad campaigns for national accounts, including FRANGO Chocolates, Macy’s Gift Cards and Macy’s Wedding and Gift Registry.
- Met stringent deadlines on the highest volume account while maintaining an expert level of well-messaged and compelling copy.
- Collaborated with buyers, account managers and special events team to produce campaigns that utilized a variety of media.
EARLY CAREER (details upon request)
King Country Journal Newspapers, Marketing Specialist/Special Sections Editor
The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Campaign Assistant
Seattle Weekly, Marketing and Promotions Intern
Best Email Subject Line
Best in Show Email Marketing – Education
Most Creative Marketing Campaign
AD AGE BtoB BEST AWARD
Email Content Marketing, Email Newsletter
THE CREATE AWARDS
Best Of Industry Words; Best Of Category Advertising Copywriting, Direct Mail Single Unit
Silver Award Advertising Copywriting, Brochure; Silver Award Advertising Copywriting, Newspaper Headline
GOLDEN WHISK AWARD
Sur La Table
CLUBS & ASSOCIATIONS
Central Washington University Bachelor of Arts in Advertising, Studio Art minor
Adobe: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro, Acrobat, Reader | Basic HTML | Microsoft: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Entourage